At YAKETY YAK we sell products that are designed and manufactured within a life cycle framework. By employing Life Cycle Analysis, YAKETY YAK designers consider the various stages of the furniture’s life, from manufacture to disposal, with the aim of reducing the product’s overall environmental impact.
YAKETY YAK’s design process involves…
- An ongoing commitment to using sustainable materials in the manufacture of products; taking into consideration how they are sourced, produced and their potential to be recycled at the end of the product’s life.
- A commitment to using supply chains, materials and manufacturing systems that will have the lightest environmental impact possible. As a benchmark for the continued improvement environmental performance, emissions for each product are calculated and analyzed based on annual sales.
- Designing and manufacturing products to be durable and long-lasting.
- Designing products that respond to both current and future needs, so that they remain relevant and useful additions to your library for years to come.
- Ensuring the furniture is easy to maintain, repair and recycle.
- Using biodegradable packaging wherever possible.
- Actively engaging in staying up-to-date with sustainable best practice.
- Using like-minded suppliers.
- Always strive to improve.
To pursue a process of ongoing improvement to minimize operational impacts on the environment. To work toward utilizing what are considered sustainable, renewable and/or recyclable materials and processes in the design, manufacturing, sale and distribution of all products.
Manufactured under the following commitments and policy objectives*:
- To have zero breaches of environmental legislative requirements and regulations.
- To comply and work toward exceeding local regulations for discharge, noise, air emissions and land use.
- To continually improve environmental performance and work toward minimizing pollution created from production process, sales and distribution.
- Design and production planning processes that seek to audit and utilize environmentally sound materials and processes, and optimize usage through design consideration within a life cycle perspective.
- Analyze and monitor inputs to accurately establish effects, allowing investigation of alternatives to reduce impacts.
- Analyze and monitor outputs ensuring they meet legislation, whilst also looking for methods to reduce waste and optimize waste streams for recycling. Strive to eliminate environmental hazards from routine and non-routine activities.
- Analyze alternatives to influence suppliers’ environmental impacts that are under the direct control of manufacturers.